Sunday, February 5, 2012

Craft Fest spotlight - Trigo

What will you be selling at Unglued?

I will be selling monster coin purses and monster bike bags.

What are your greatest inspirations?

Lately I've been thinking that everything looks better with a pair of eyes on it. I think it's because I watched a lot of Pee Wee's Playhouse when I was a kid. Aside from that, I find myself most inspired by technical design and problem solving. Once you come up with an idea with an actual purpose, making it look prettier is the easy part.

When and where did you learn your craft?

I got a lot of sewing experience when I was studying Apparel Design at UW-Stout. Many of my classes required me to sew full garments. When I graduated I decided to take it easy on myself and make smaller items.

What makes your product stand out?

It's not often you walk by a table full of smiling faces. Also, there aren't many artists that make things out of inner tubes.

Any other interesting tidbits you’d like to mention?

I've been trying to teach my deaf cat sign language, but so far he's only learned the sign for treat.


Come check out Trigo Feb 25 at the Plains Art Museum!